BroadwayWorld.com reported yesterday that the short-list for the prestigious Susan Smith Blackburn Prize has been announced.
This international award is given each year to a woman who has written an outstanding new work for the English-speaking theatre.
The ten nominees are:
- The Aliens by Annie Baker (U.S.)
- The Language Archive by Julia Cho (U.S.)
- This by Melissa James Gibson (U.S.)
- it felt empty when the heart went at first but it is alright now. by Lucy Kirkwood (U.K.)
- The Shipment by Young Jean Lee (U.S.)
- The Nature of Love by Rebecca Lenkiewicz (U.K.)
- East of Berlin by Hannah Moscovitch (Canada)
- The Swallowing Dark by Lizzie Nunnery (U.K.)
- Enron by Lucy Prebble (U.K.)
- Strandline by Abbie Spallen (Ireland)